Tote Carla - "Bush sultana" & coated linen curry
Our design Tote Carla is a simple, elegant and practical handbag. There is a thought behind every details.
This version of our Tote Carla is made with the accredited Aboriginal prints from the artist Audrey Napanangka. We combined the printed fabric with plain coated linen fabric to match the subtle colours and highlight the finesse of the pattern.
Please note: We use different parts of the fabric so the pattern may vary.
* Designed and handmade in Melbourne
* Medium size handbag with lining and inner pockets
Measurements: Approx. 42cm H x 25cm W
* The pattern fabric is an accredited Aboriginal prints 100% cotton. The bottom and lining is a coated 100% linen fabric. The lining in coated linen is water-resistant and easy to maintain, it gives rigidity and durability to the handbag.
* 3 pockets inside: 1 large open pocket & 1 large zipped pocket on one side and 1 small open pocket on the other side.
* Double cotton handles to give the option of carrying the handbag comfortably on your shoulder or by hand.
The story behind this print:
This print is an accredited aboriginal design by the great artist Audrey Napanangka. This design shows this native nutrient Australian desert raisin called Kutjea. These fruits dry on the bush and look like raisins. They have a strong pungent smell of tamarillo and caramel which make them popular for use in sauces and condiments.